Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Teacher Planner and Organizer


I have seen so many beautiful planners and organizers out there for teachers. I've had a difficult time finding exactly what I wanted. I thought about ordering an Erin Condren organizer, but I didn't like the fact that I couldn't move the pages around and reorganize as needed.

A friend introduced me to the Arc Notebook system from Staples. You can learn more about it here. Basically, there are 11 round discs that hold the pages together instead of the 3 rings you have in a typical binder. I always have issues with binders. The large ones don't like to flip pages smoothly and if you accidentally open the rings, you have a mess on your hands.

I chose the Arc notebook with a clear cover (it comes with different designs to put behind the clear cover), expansion rings5 tab dividers (I chose the fun colors, they also come in black), pocket dividerszipper pouches and desktop punch. The pocket dividers and zipper pouches comes in a two pack. I'm saving one of each for either a different notebook, or to use later after my first set gets abused. Putting all of them in made it feel bulky.

At first I thought about just using a solid color for my cover, or even the cover I designed with colorful dots. Then I saw a chevron with monogram on Pinterest and best of all it was FREE. You can get your own here.Follow the simple directions and make your own.

In the past I've used store purchased monthly/weekly calendar, so I knew that whatever I designed it needed to have both monthly and weekly layouts. I was very sick of the plain ones from the store and wanted something prettier. I started out with a colorful dot pattern and then found different colored dots for each month. I added some fun fonts and then I was on a roll. I've created binder/notebook covers that can be used as covers or dividers.

I have listed my calender and organizer as an all in one on my TPT store. Get your copy now. :) TPT

No comments:

Post a Comment