Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Classroom Tools


        One tool that I use is the ShowMe app for iPads, it is a free app and there is a way to create logins for each student (I haven't tried that yet). I've had my students just use them as white boards to work out problems in centers, show me their answers in large group settings and many other ways. One of my favorite is having students work out a problem and narrate how to solve it. This allows me to hear how students solve their work, as well as allows other students to hear how a peer solved it. I use this most often in Math, but I've also used it in Science. If you go back to my Ecosystems post, students used the app to take pictures of their Diorama, and narrate their presentation.
     One of the challenging standards in 5th grade is addressing the speaking part. So many of my students are nervous and don't like to talk in front of others. This tool has helped them get over being nervous and afraid and helped them feel confident in explaining their learning to others besides myself.
I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment